Adding a Page
Follow these steps to add a new page.
From the Dashboard:
- Click on "Pages" in the left navigation.
- On the bar of the section that you want to add the page to, click "Add Page".
- Fill out the fields in the "New Page" window.
In "Publishing Controls" box on the upper right, choose "Published" from the drop down menu.
Permalink: The page is automatically assigned a "Permalink" (URL) based on the name of the page.
- A "Page Name" is required.
- "Main content" is for the main section of the webpage.
- Text in the "Additional Content" will show up in the right sidebar.
- Use "Page Image" to add an image; choose the image location on the page on the left or right.
- Follow "Best Practices for Pages" if possible.
If you want a different permalink from the one that is automatically assigned, type it in the "Permalink" field in the "Publishing Controls" box.
- A page named "Five Steps for Making a Great Webpage" will have the Permalink /five-steps-for-making-a-great-webpage.
Returns to "Pages" view. A blue box at the top of the page indicates that the page was successfully created.