Springtime is awards season! Use the CHSSWeb Awards app to enter the names of your awards winners; proud grandmas of the world salute you.
Here's what to do:
Log in to your site’s back end.
In the left navigation, scroll down to Academics, click, and select Awards from the drop-down menu.
To add an award that is new to your department:
- Click the green “+Create New” button in the top right corner.
- Enter the name of the award, then its classification (undergraduate, graduate, or alumni) in the drop-down menu.
- Add a short description of the award (ex. “This award, made possible by the generosity of Ronald and Maisie MacDonald, recognizes a graduating senior whose has made considerable contributions to his or her community while at Mason.”) In the long description, you can add more details. You can also add an image, if you like.
- Next year, this award will repopulate itself, so you can just add subsequent awardees.
To add a new awardee:
- Scroll down and click the green “Add Awardee” button.
- Add the awardee’s graduation year, first name, and last name in the appropriate boxes.
- To add another awardee, scroll down and click the “Add Awardee” button again.
Don’t forget to scroll up and save your changes using the button on the right.
Once you’ve added awardees, go to your site -- yoursite.gmu.edu/awards -- to see how they look.
March 30, 2020