Editing Section Information
There are four kinds of information about a section that are added by local web editors.
- Title of the section: If the section-specific title is longer than the 30-character limit in PatriotWeb, editors can spell out the title in full.
- Section-specific description: Editors can add a description for a section. This is particularly useful for special topics courses. If there is no section-specific description, the catalog description will display as a default.
- Syllabus: Editors can upload a current syllabus.
- Image: Editors can upload an image.
This information is stored in the CHSSWeb database. Information for sections for past semesters will always be available.
Follow these steps to edit a section.
From the Dashboard
- From the left navigation, click on "Course Sections".
- Choose the semester and year.
- Find the section to edit and click on it.
- Edit title, add section-specific description (use the "paste from text" option), and upload syllabus (use .pdf if possible).