Editing an Existing Award
It is easy to edit an existing award. You can edit the current information on the award List Page—including the title or the short description.
You can also add or edit a long description of the award on the award's Show Page. A long description can provide more information about the distinctions the award is intended to recognize or recognize a donor of the award, among other things. You can also add an image or links to additional information about the award.
To learn how to add an awardee to an existing award, click on "Add an Awardee" on the left.
Before You Begin
- Review the information currently displayed on the annual List Page and the Show Page for the award.
- Prepare any information that you want to change or add about the award.
- Decide what information should go into the right sidebar, if any.
Follow these Steps to Edit the Information for an Existing Award
From the Dashboard
- In the left-hand navigation, click on "Academics," then click on "Awards" from the drop-down options.
- In the new window, "Awards for [your website]," find the award you want to edit and click on the pencil (edit) icon next to it.
- Click on the down arrow to the right of "Descriptions and Image."
- Click in the text box next "Short Description" and/or "Long Description" to add/edit text as needed. If you are copying text from Word to paste into the description(s), be sure to click on the "Paste as text" icon above the text box to toggle that option on before pasting.
- Click in the "For more information" text box to add/edit information (optional) to appear in a right sidebar. If you want a heading for the additional information, highlight the text you want as the header, click on "Paragraph" above the text box and from the drop-down menu, choose "Heading 2." For an example of how this will look, see: http://chss.gmu.edu/awards/27
- If you want to add or change an image, click on the "Choose File" box next to "Award image file," click on the name of your file, then click on the "Open" button to upload the image file.
- Save the Award:
- Under the “Publishing Controls” box on the top right of the page, click on the “Save Changes” button.
- Check both the List Page and the award Show Page online. Correct errors. Save.
If there is a short description for an award but no long description, the short description appears on both the annual List Page and the Show Page for the award.