Main Sections on CHSSWeb Sites
In CHSSWeb, the websites for academic departments and programs have been set up with a number of main sections. This is so that the sites can be organized consistently and so that the URLs will be similar and transparent, where possible.
- Undergraduate (if the unit has undergraduate programs and information for students)
- Graduate (if the unit has graduate programs and information for students)
- Prospective (if the unit has separate pages of information for their prospective students)
- Faculty (if the site has multiple pages with information for faculty and staff)
- Research (if the site has multiple pages with information about research)
- Course-Info (if the site has multiple pages that contain information about courses). This section is called “Course-Info” because the name "Courses" (and the URL /courses) is reserved for the Courses and Section Application, which displays official catalog copy and scheduled sections with information that is automatically updated from Banner. For most CHSS sites, these pages are in fact archives of syllabi for past semesters. As the Courses App used to store syllabi for courses, the need for these pages diminishes. This section should probably be renamed Course Archive in time.