Adding a Minimal Profile (No Show Page)
Before You Begin
First, search the system to be sure that there isn't already a profile in the system. From the Dashboard:
- Click on Profiles in the left navigation bar.
- In the Search Profiles box, type in the last name and click on Go.
- Review Search Results to see if there is a profile already in the system. If there is a profile, edit the existing profile.
Second, if you are adding a new profile, have this information ready:
- Short overview
- Fuller story (optional)
- Pull quote (optional)
- Links to additional information (optional)
- Academic programs of the student or alum
- Graduation date
Adding a New Profile without a Show Page
A very minimal profile requires the information below. Profiles with these fields will appear on the List Page but will not have a Show Page. If a URL is entered in Step 7, the profile will link to that webpage.
In other words, profiles created following these steps consist of some basic information on the List Page plus an optional link-out for further information.
- Click on Profiles in the left-hand navigation.
- Click on Create New in the Create New Profile box.
- Select the originating website from the drop down menu.
- Add first name, last name, email.
- Hook: This should be a short, headline-like bit of text giving a compelling fact about the student or alumnus.
- Short description: This should be a short, compelling paragraph describing the student or alumnus.
- Optional: To add an external link, click on the bar Additional Information and type the URL into the field URL Link. Common uses of the external link are to link to the person's personal webpage or to an online story about the person.
- Optional: To add an image, click on the bar Images and upload an image. Name your image with the first and last name of the profile with no space (e.g. GeorgeMason.jpeg). If you do not add an image, a default image will appear.
- Associate the profile with an academic program:
Repeat Step 9 as often as necessary.
In the Publishing Controls box on the right, choose Published from the drop down menu.
Check the profile on the Meet a Student or Meet an Alum page.
- Click on the bar Associate Programs
- Click on the link Add Program Association.
- Choose the program from the drop down menu
- Add a 4-digit graduation year.
- Choose a status from the drop down menu. The profile will not be visible unless Student or Alum is selected.
- Check the "Display with program" box if you want this profile to be featured on the program page. Do not check it if you only want the profile to appear on a student listing using the current_students template.
If you want to add a fuller story on the student or alum, see the page Adding a Show Page for a Profile (link in right sidebar).