Adding a Show Page for a Profile
In addition to the basic information for the List Page, it is possible to have a Show Page for the person being profiled. The List Page and the Show Page are linked: on the List Page, there is a link from the name of the profiled person to the Show Page. There is also a "Read more >>" link which also goes to the person's Show Page.
Once you've added the information for a minimal profile (see webpage in right sidebar), follow these steps to create a Show Page.
If you are not already in the Edit Profile window, find the profile:
- Click on Profiles in the left navigation bar.
- In the Search Profiles box, type in the last name and click on Go.
- Review Search Results to find the profile.
- Click on the name of the person whose profile you want to edit.
- In the Profile window, in the Publishing Controls box on the upper right, click on Edit.
- The Edit Profile window opens.
To add the information for a Show Page:
- In the Edit Profile window, click on the bar Body Content.
- In the resulting Main Content editing window, add the text for the Show Page. If cutting and pasting, use the Paste from Text.
- To add a pull quote, click on the bar Additional Information.
- In the resulting window, add a pull quote. Do not use quotation marks.
- Add a byline for the quote in the field Pull Quote Caption.
- To add links to provide the viewer with relevant additional information, type the names of the links in the For More Information box and add the URLs using the link icon. For suggestions of ways to use this box, see Hints for Profiles in the right sidebar.
- Check the profile on the list and show page.